Valley Forge Watershed Association



www.vfwa.org

In 1903 the Reading Traction Company built a hydro-electric generating station, containing three turbines capable of generating over 2,000 kilowatts, at Lock 60 to provide electric power for the Norristown to Reading trolley line.

Lock 60 served as the home port for the DOLPHIN and its work crew during the 20th century.

Page 70

Previous         Next

About Us | Site Map | Contact Us | ©2005 Valley Forge Watershed Association
webmaster Steve Schmidt